about the squadjax harmon photography + designweekly interrogationcontact me

21 June 2011

halloween 2010!

I had originally planned on making the boys some themed, complicated costumes that would rock... then I realized that Halloween was in just a couple of weeks and that wasn't going to happen:) And that I didn't feel like having to put any major effort into costumes (I'm a killjoy, I know). So I scrounged up a couple costumes with what we already had and I loved them!

Max was a cowboy:
IMG_8253
We had bought him the leather set (vest and chaps) on this trip to Colorado (and finally fit him!), the boots he already had (they're his church shoes), shirt is one of his church shirts, bandana we had, and hat is mine (give you any idea how big his head is? and how small mine is?). I did end up getting him his revolvers and making him a holster for them... I mean, what is a cowboy without his sidearms?

Nick was Pubbert Addams:
IMG_8261
We had a few Halloween celebrations, and the first was our apartment complex party. Unfortunately Rob wasn't able to make it so I had to try and get a picture of the two boys together on my own... this was the best I got:)

My little cowboy:
IMG_8262

IMG_8266

IMG_8264

IMG_8297

IMG_8295

IMG_8300

IMG_8306

IMG_8302
I have to say, his costume was a hit. Especially with our Saudi neighbors. They kept asking where I got it and I had to say "sorry, we got it in Colorado several years ago and I don't know what store or what brand it is." They were so into it the guy was ready to hop in the car and drive to Colorado... I convinced him that would be futile and told him his best bet was to look for something online:) I wonder if he ever did?

Anyway, here is my Pubbert (I was sad that by the time I was able to take some good pictures of him his mustache had been rubbed halfway off):
IMG_8314

IMG_8324
Unfortunately, not many people got what he was but the ones that did LOVED it.

I don't think Max had any problem getting into character:
IMG_8333

The day before Halloween we had a little party at our house with the Goodwins. I don't decorate much for holidays, especially ones that aren't Christmas, but Rob and I had a blast putting this display together (Rob was the mastermind behind the candlesticks in bottles. And Hobby Lobby sells candlesticks in all sorts of different colors for CHEAP):
IMG_8344

IMG_8349

Max helped me make cookies:
IMG_8360

IMG_8365

And the guys carved pumpkins:
IMG_8376

IMG_8433
(it's supposed to be Iron Man... didn't turn out quite like we'd hoped)

(Tiffany got to hold the baby and take pictures:) )

We really loved the candles once they'd burned down:
IMG_8382

IMG_8385
Very spooky!

And we had lots of yummy cookies to munch on in addition to our Halloween candy:
IMG_8412

IMG_8426

My sister Paige came the next day (on Halloween) so we went trick or treating with her. Here she is with the boys:
IMG_8515

I finally got some good pictures of Nick in his costume:
IMG_8517

IMG_8520

And Max was more than ready to get some candy in his pumpkin:
IMG_8526

Paige and Nick (we both wore mustaches to get into the spirit):
IMG_8532

Max stowed his action figures in a safe place:
IMG_8538

A blurry picture of me and my boys:
IMG_8541

The infamous mustaches:
IMG_8546

IMG_8555

Trick or treating really wears you out!
IMG_8560

Now I need to start thinking about this year's Halloween and make some costumes... any suggestions?

2 comments:

  1. What cute costumes! I love Pubert Adams!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a blast! You and your sister look so much alike!

    ReplyDelete